Friday, November 22, 2019

Water World

Caper Day is a favorite in the Acorn Room-- some children start asking on Monday if it's time for Capers yet! Capers are exciting because it gives the children an opportunity to check out new areas in the school and meet new friends. Some Acorns have bonded with older children over the past few months, and seek them out every Friday! We also have several Acorn friends who have older siblings in other classrooms. As you can imagine, it is very exciting to get to play with your brother or sister in their classroom and show them yours!
Unsurprisingly, I and C tend to stick together every Friday. Today, they hung out in Acorn to explore the language of water. We had two large tubs next to each other on the table. One was full of water, and there were tools to try to move the water from one tub to the other. I watched to see how each girl was going to manipulate the water." I" was concentrating on the feel of the water. She plunged her whole hand into the tub and swirled it around, watching the motions she created. Next, she picked up a cup and dunked it under. Then, she poured it over her hand, smiling as she enjoyed the warm wetness. She repeated these actions several times. 
C had a different approach.  She worked diligently to figure out how to get the baster to hold water. When she discovered how to hold it under water while squeezing, her face lit up. She filled it, then squeezed the contents into a bottle, finally transferring the bottle to the other tub. She showed her sister how she was moving the water, and then they began working together. I love getting to see these special relationships each week! Have a wonderful weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment

LAST BLOG!!!

Last Forest Day as an Acorn!!! "I am the acorn that becomes the oak.-"John Winger